Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2012

Ooops I did It again. Bought another G1 that is.


I sold my Panasonic G1 last year because although it was a fantastic camera in many ways I just hated the noisy sensor and I had just gotten a Sony NEX-5 so I put it up for sale on ebay.

Since then I have decided I would like a Panasonic GH2 not so much for still photography (although it's sensor IS much less noisy than the one in the G1) but because it's simply the best camera out there for video quality and that's before you apply the amazing hack!

So why have I got a G1? Simple, the 14-45mm kit lens is sharper than the newer 14-42mm and is better built too so I have purchased the G1 for the lens and in time I will replace the body with the GH2. I must admit though that while it is still noisy at anything above base ISO I did instantly fall back in love with the sheer usability of this camera, the EVF is still pretty good and the amount of external controls is fantastic. I'm also still impressed by the autofcus speed which is easily as fast as the brand new NEX-5n, not bad for a 3 year old camera that was the first of it's kind! It looks quite nice in red too! Time to play with those c mount lenses that don't cover the NEX sensor!

Next stop (when I can afford it!) GH2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers