Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2012

First full pciture of the new Olympus OM-D

The first complete image of the new Olympus OM-D E-M5 was leaked by Amazon Japan earlier and has since been removed but not before people were able to grab the image!


Photobucket

What do you think? I love the retro styling for the most part, it certainly looks a lot like some of the classic OM cameras if not most slab styled SLRs of the 60's and 70's. The only thing I'm not sure about is the (hopefully removable) hand grip, I'm sure it will be great in terms of function but it seems at odds with the rest of the styling like it's too modern compared to the rest of the camera.  I really like it on the whole though, retro styling can get boring and overly contrived in some peoples eyes but I think that when done well it looks great, there has been a lot of nice looking retro style cameras recently so this seems to be an increasing trend.

I like the fact that there is a battery grip too, that certainly makes the camera seem more of a serious tool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers